Stocks Talk

PowerTrader Stocks Trading. A FREE Forum. Welcome.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

what stocks to buy now?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
orangtua

PostSubject: what stocks to buy now?   Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:01 pm

any stocks you are looking at?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nick

PostSubject: Re: what stocks to buy now?   Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:46 am

Hi orang tua, I am looking to buy RIMM, but I heard on CNBC that RIMM is a good candidate for a sell. What is your opinion based on the technical. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jenny

PostSubject: Re: what stocks to buy now?   Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:54 am

Nick wrote:
Hi orang tua, I am looking to buy RIMM, but I heard on CNBC that RIMM is a good candidate for a sell. What is your opinion based on the technical. Thanks.

Aiyo, orangtua must be taking his istirahat ya.
Let me try to wake him up or I try to answer ok.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
orangtua

PostSubject: Re: what stocks to buy now?   Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:02 am

Nick wrote:

Hello Nick,

RIMM, I like it. Very strong stock ya. Based on TA, it is an uptrending stock. It is now supported on the 20MA. Depending on trading strategy, some may go long upon a rebound from this 20MA support. For breakout strategy, a breakout of USD135 will be the entry point.

CNBC, I never take all they say, it stands for Can Never Be Correct oh. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nick

PostSubject: Re: what stocks to buy now?   Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:10 pm

I have a position in MA, I don't know whether to let it run or just take the profit first. It has been moving in a range after its earning. I plan to limit it at $243, what do you think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
orangtua

PostSubject: Re: what stocks to buy now?   Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:30 am

Nick wrote:
I have a position in MA, I don't know whether to let it run or just take the profit first. It has been moving in a range after its earning. I plan to limit it at $243, what do you think?

Good showing last night ya. Rally upwards 5.51 to close on the day high of 242.48.

To exit a stock, everyone have a different strategy. I am sure if your exit at 243, you are making money already. As long as one makes money, you are never wrong.

It may be interesting to note that the longterm uptrend is still intact. At this point, MA is looking for a direction, ie, to continue the mid-term downturn into a downtrend OR a reversal to a continued uptrend. A breakdown of 221.00 would continue the trend downwards with some technical rebound along the way. However, a breakup from 244.90 in near term could see the stock continuing its uptrend to test the resistance of 290.96 and the next high at 320.00.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nick

PostSubject: Re: what stocks to buy now?   Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:28 pm

Hi Orangtua, thank you for your detail explanation. I managed to take some profit at $243. Smile
BUT.... now MA is sitting at $244. confused , what to do? Enter again now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
orangtua

PostSubject: Re: what stocks to buy now?   Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:03 pm

Nick wrote:
Hi Orangtua, thank you for your detail explanation. I managed to take some profit at $243. Smile
BUT.... now MA is sitting at $244. confused , what to do? Enter again now?

"a breakup from 244.90 in near term could see the stock continuing its uptrend to test the resistance of 290.96 and the next high at 320.00" .... if it breaks 244.90, it appears an opportunity to get in then. Buy stop at 244. 91 Caveat emptor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spriggan

PostSubject: When to entry to buy BHP n RTP   Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:30 pm

Halo orang tua, how are you? I plan to buy BHP n RTP, where is the entry point to buy these companies share. I know both of them has a down trend now. What I mean is where is the entry point if I want to buy them, tks b4 4 ur advice.

salam cuan,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
orangtua

PostSubject: Re: what stocks to buy now?   Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:59 pm

spriggan wrote:
Halo orang tua, how are you? I plan to buy BHP n RTP, where is the entry point to buy these companies share. I know both of them has a down trend now. What I mean is where is the entry point if I want to buy them, tks b4 4 ur advice.

salam cuan,

You are seriously thinking of buying ya? If you are thinking of buying them, then the question is based on which strategy of buying TA signal/indicator are you relying on. Only with a defined strategy then you can know what price to buy and what price to cut loss if the market go against you. This has to be your thinking thought everytime you think of making an entry. Otherwise, "you will be hoping of buying at the lowest price possible and hoping for it to rebound after you buy."

May you elaborate?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spriggan

PostSubject: what stocks to buy now?   Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:55 pm

well ok, tks 4 ur advice orang tua.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iwansoenarto

PostSubject: aapl   Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:14 pm

hi mr orangtua, can u give me ur opinion on aapl ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
orangtua

PostSubject: Re: what stocks to buy now?   Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:52 pm

iwansoenarto wrote:
hi mr orangtua, can u give me ur opinion on aapl ?

Hi Pak Iwan

Nice to hear from you. Wa, you post me such a tough question. Let me try ya.

aapl is a favorite counter for many traders and investors.
with an average of 40millions share of this heavyweight traded everyday,
we can be quite sure aapl gets much attention.

Is that the opinion u wanted from me? uh, let me guess!

can your question be as follows?

Is aapl ready for a rebound or continue its downtrend?

Technically speaking, aapl is on its downtrend and has been consolidating for the last 1 week with a strong rebound last night. If the rebound continues it would have to breakthru a number of resistance. aapl has been strong enough to do it in the past and whether it has this strength this time round is something we have to observe.

Depending on your game plan, it can be played out differently.

1) If you wish to go long on aapl, you have to exercise vigilance to exit quickly should it turn against you. It may have an upside with the bullish engulfing candle formed last night and rsi being on the oversold region. Trade long wth extreme caution. If you are correct, the reward is big. high risk high return.

2) At the moment the present chart formation is a setup that Turtle traders are waiting at the side for a confirmation to start to sell short.

Hope this helps.

orangtua
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iwan

PostSubject: new product   Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:56 pm

apple will release a new laptop/ notebook today. the price will be below 900 usd. this will smash laptop price windows base and more market for mac.
I think this could be u turn for mac. but time will tell.

btw I am not play US stock yet. IDX aja pusing :-(
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iwansoenarto

PostSubject: aapl   Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:23 am

woow... what a night, aapl down again,, seems that the rebound is not strong enough.... as u advised, i closed my apple position last night,, before losing all the profit ... Smile

Tx. C U.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
andre313

PostSubject: Stocks showing high interest   Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:32 pm

DRYS

anybody ?

how about POT, FSLR ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
meyely

PostSubject: Re: what stocks to buy now?   Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:42 pm

You can do the Day trading int he stock market. Because it is the best trading, One can make profit easily from this market. In this trading you need to invest in the short term, so there is no more risk to invest. CBRtrade provides Leading Day Trading services. Access to capital for equities Trading that is more than anyone else in the industry. Membership Starts with only $1000 and Day trade Unlimited times. Prices are lower than in any other company. Also we are looking for experienced Day Traders to trade big size with our capital.
Requests at http://cbrtrade.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what stocks to buy now?   

Back to top Go down

what stocks to buy now?
Page 1 of 1