Stocks Talk

PowerTrader Stocks Trading. A FREE Forum. Welcome.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

1st try of city index

Go down 
AuthorMessage
and168

PostSubject: 1st try of city index   Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:54 am

Hi,

Just tried a virtual trading for Indonesia Market with City Index CFD..

Some questions :

1) I cannot do short position.. Do you the stock list which can be short and Long ??? --- OR now they do not allow any short position for Indonesia market which advised by govt (valid from today..)

2) I tried do long position for Bank Rakyat Indo CFD (BBRI)-- 1000 shares in price Rp. 5000/share.. I saw the market info, the margin factor is 25% but... They only deduct me only Rp. 612,457.86 (as stated on "margin req." and "total position").. If we count, we only buy Bank Rakyat Indo CFD on +/- 12.2% from real stock price ????

3) Is the minimum commission for per trade ???? so buy and sell we should pay 2 X Rp. 140000 OR in % we need 0.8% ??????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
orangtua

PostSubject: Re: 1st try of city index   Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:55 pm

and168 wrote:
Hi,

Just tried a virtual trading for Indonesia Market with City Index CFD..

Some questions :

1) I cannot do short position.. Do you the stock list which can be short and Long ??? --- OR now they do not allow any short position for Indonesia market which advised by govt (valid from today..)

2) I tried do long position for Bank Rakyat Indo CFD (BBRI)-- 1000 shares in price Rp. 5000/share.. I saw the market info, the margin factor is 25% but... They only deduct me only Rp. 612,457.86 (as stated on "margin req." and "total position").. If we count, we only buy Bank Rakyat Indo CFD on +/- 12.2% from real stock price ????

3) Is the minimum commission for per trade ???? so buy and sell we should pay 2 X Rp. 140000 OR in % we need 0.8% ??????

Hi Andy and fellow traders

So you are back from holiday ya.

For the list of IDX stock CFDs that you can short or long, you can get an updated one by sending an email directly to enquiries@cityindexasia.com. If you want, I can also email it to you. But I would like to encourage you to communicate directly with City Index so that you can get the latest updates in the future.

You can also try to ask them if you have other queries too. Test their response.

btw, how do you find the usage of the trading platform. do you find it easy to use.

For those who want to try out IG Markets, goto www.igmarkets.com.sg and you can request for a free trial online. Note that IG Markets is for US market (no IDX).

For City Index, if you want a trial account, please PM me. I have some sample accounts available for you all to practice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
orangtua

PostSubject: Re: 1st try of city index   Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:31 pm

Hi Andy

Did you make your enquiries with City Index already?

Just like any brokerage house, the minimum commission is the minimum amount that the brokerage house would charge for a single trade of Buy OR Sell.

Care to share with us your findings?

Regards.
Hendrick
Back to top Go down
View user profile
and168

PostSubject: Re: 1st try of city index   Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:14 pm

Hi Hendrick,

I have sent my question to city index and their response very quick..

I have post the IDX stock list which can be short / long in another subject..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
andre313

PostSubject: Can't Trade US Stock online   Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:59 pm

Hi Hendrick,

I am surprised that I can't put my order for US Stocks online, Phone order only ? I have a live chat with CityIndex, and the answer was "

22:45 yes sometimes it does happen and you can just call the trading line to place your trade.
22:46 our US traders will be able to assist you
22:54 i have just checked and it's seem like most of them are "phone only"
22:55 somethings seems to be wrong
22:55 in this case i have informed our IT dept to investigate
22:55 meanwhile you can just inform the US traders if you need to trade while we try to resolve this asap"

....., this is Unacceptable !!!

Maybe You should check with Cityindex Singapore regarding this matter .

Regards,
Andree W
Back to top Go down
View user profile
orangtua

PostSubject: Re: 1st try of city index   Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:38 am

andre313 wrote:
Hi Hendrick,

I am surprised that I can't put my order for US Stocks online, Phone order only ? I have a live chat with CityIndex, and the answer was "

22:45 yes sometimes it does happen and you can just call the trading line to place your trade.
22:46 our US traders will be able to assist you
22:54 i have just checked and it's seem like most of them are "phone only"
22:55 somethings seems to be wrong
22:55 in this case i have informed our IT dept to investigate
22:55 meanwhile you can just inform the US traders if you need to trade while we try to resolve this asap"

....., this is Unacceptable !!!

Maybe You should check with Cityindex Singapore regarding this matter .

Regards,
Andree W

Alright Andree, I have just posted your detailed findings to City Index and will provide you with the answer as soon as I get a reply from them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st try of city index   

Back to top Go down

1st try of city index
Page 1 of 1